January 2018 issue of GEMS
Often adults express their feeling that they don’t know enough about their faith. They are hesitant to talk about their faith; they shy away from participating in adult faith formation because they fear not knowing as much as the others; they are insecure in their ability to share faith and pass on faith to others.
How might we:
· respect the experiences – the God experiences – already in their lives?
· respectfully provide opportunities for them to reflect on how much they already “know,” how much they have already experienced?
· empower them to share their faith experiences with others?
· nudge them to continuing growth?
All the past issues of GEMS are archived at www.janetschaeffler.com
You might want to go back to GEMS #36 for an idea for the new year – for yourself and/or the people to whom you minister.
Some adult faith formation resources you might want to use in the coming year:
· The Best Is Yet To Be: A Retreat for Older Adults: https://pastoral.center/the-best-is-yet-to-be-eresource-a-retreat-for-older-adults/
· Radiate Christ: A Lenten Retreat Kit: https://pastoral.center/radiate-christ-eresource-lenten-retreat-kit/
· The Creed: https://pastoral.center/the-creed-a-catechist-s-guide-understanding-and-sharing-what-we-believe/