CARDINAL’S APPEAL – A TIME FOR REFLECTION
“Seek first the kingdom of God.” (Matthew 6:33)
January 27 and 28, Commitment Weekend
Msgr. Paul and Fr. Sirianni invite you to join them in making a yearly pledge.
What the Cardinal’s Appeal funds
· Education: Tuition assistance for Catholic school students, support for inner city schools and parish religious education programs.
· Chaplaincies: Support for university campus ministries Fr. Charlie Gallagher & Julie Cilano of the G.W. Catholic Student Center & its going ministries), hospital chaplains (Fr. Klaus Sirianni for the GW Hospital), local prison ministries and the Pope Francis Center (Catholic Deaf Center)
· Special Ministries: Support for a variety of social ministries with Black and Hispanic Catholics, young adults and the disabled
· Family and Pro-Life: Support for family life ministries, birthing and care programs, natural family planning, pregnancy aid centers, and other pro-life activities
· Leadership Formation: Assistance for lay leadership development and parish outreach efforts
· Vocations and Clergy: Support for seminarians, post-ordination educational opportunities, care of elderly and ailing retired priests and funding for the seminaries. We are now blessed with 78 men studying for the priesthood for our Archdiocese)
· Communication and Outreach: Continued production and broadcasting of the TV Mass and enhanced use of traditional and new media tools
· Catholic Charities: Support for charitable programs at more than 80 locations, including Anchor Mental Health and the Spanish Catholic Center.
How You Can Help
We urge you to consider a generous pledge or outright gift in support of the Cardinal’s Appeal for 2018 through: Cash, Check, Credit Card, Direct Debit, Gifts of Stock, Bonds and Mutual Funds Gifts through IRA transfers, Charitable Annuities, Trusts and Real Estate.